What do I do if my internal stop tap is leaking or broken?

Problems with your water supply

Your internal top tap (also known as stop vale or stop cock) is the point where you can turn off the water supply to your home or business. It's important that you check to make sure the tap is working ok every so often, so that in an emergency you can stop the water supply. If it's leaking or broken you'll need to contact a plumber to fix it for you. To find a plumber near you, use our approved plumber search.

If you're not sure where you internal stop tap is, watch this short video for some tips.

Was this answer helpful?

We value your feedback and will use this to improve our website.

We will not respond to website feedback.  If you can’t find the answer to your question contact us here.